Varicose veins are enlarged, swollen, and twisting veins, often appearing blue or dark purple. They happen when faulty valves in the veins allow blood to flow in the wrong direction or to pool.
More than 33 percent of all adults are thought to be affected by varicose veins. For some, varicose veins are simply a cosmetic concern. Still, others experience pain and discomfort due to varicose veins. The symptoms vary in severity on an individual basis.
Salcedo Medical Center & Vein Institute offers minimally-invasive varicose vein treatments to alleviate pain and improve our patient’s overall aesthetics.
It’s not surgery, but a treatment that takes less than an hour, right here at our office. There’s little to no discomfort, so you can walk out of the office and resume your daily activities immediately!
We are a specialized board-certified team of physicians and highly trained staff. We are compassionate, approachable, and knowledgeable. SVI is aimed to provide personalized service to find out the best vein treatment for you. We are a multilingual facility: fluent in Spanish, English & Russian. Salcedo Vein Institute & Vein Institute accepts most insurance plans, including Medicare & PPO.
A safe and proven treatment for the symptoms and underlying condition that causes varicose veins.
• The average patient typically resumes normal activities within a few days following treatment.
• It can be performed under local anesthesia.
• Lower rates compared to other treatments regarding pain, bruising and complications.
• Faster improvement in patients’ quality of life. Sclerotherapy Treats medium to small branching veins & spider veins visible on the skin’s surface.
It is an effective technique to obliterate or collapse veins.
• This procedure is performed in the office and lasts less than 1 hour yy Involves injecting a solution directly into the vein that causes it to collapse, forcing blood to reroute through healthier veins.
• After sclerotherapy you will be able to resume your regular daily activities.
This treatment eliminates unsightly varicose veins.
It uses targeted laser energy to seal the vein shut and helps patients look and feel better faster.
• Performed in the office in less than an hour. No hospital stay
• Minimal-to-no scarring
• Immediate return to daily routine
• It helps improve the appearance of varicose veins and symptoms such as swelling, achiness, heaviness, throbbing and itching.
• It is minimally invasive and nonsurgical (no incisions required)
• Does not use heat, eliminating the risk of thermal injury
• Does not use glue and dissolves in the bloodstream after treatment
All diagnostic exams & treatments are performed in our office (no facility fees).
A non-thermal treatment, which improves blood flow and relieves symptoms by sealing-or closing-the diseased vein permanently, then rerouted through nearby healthy veins.
• Adhesive seals the vein
• Only one needle of numbing medicine
• No compression stockings needed after procedure
• Experience less pain and bruising.
• Untreated varicose veins cause: varicose and spider veins. Then if left untreated, they can cause chronic venous insufficiency, blood clots, venous ulcers, skin changes, phlebitis and symptoms that could interfere with daily living.
• 45-minute procedure
• No general anesthesia
• Performed in doctor’s office, no hospitalization
• Immediate return to your daily routines
• Minimally invasive – requiring no more than a needle-sized entry point
• Improves circulation
• Covered by most insurance plans
Medical Director of Salcedo Medical Center & Vein Institute. He is a board-certified physician with over 14 years of experience.
Also, Dr. Salcedo is a Diplomate certified by the American Board of Venous & Lymphatic Medicine.
• Illinois Masonic Medical Center
• Swedish Hospital of North Shore University Health Systems
• St. Mary’s and Elizabeth Medical Center
• Norwegian American Hospital
He is an active instructor for:
• RUSH Medical College
• Swedish Covenant Hospital
• Norwegian American Hospital